September 2017 News and Updates
Happy September! It is my 2nd favorite month...fall is on the horizon, the mornings are getting cooler, and it's mine and my youngest's birthday month! And with everyone back in school now it feels like a 2nd New Year! I'm organizing all the things, setting goals for the last part of this year, and stocking up on products to help keep our family healthy in the coming seasons.
September 2017 Young Living Promos (read: FREEBIES)
Stocking up for Fall? Here's your chance to score some fantastic Fall freebies! Spend the qualifying amounts and earn the following products:
Oregano Vitality - P O W E R H O U S E immune support. We add to a capsule with Frankincense Vitality and Thieves Vitality and take at the first sign that someone shared their germs with us. ;-)
Thieves Vitality - the original immune support. LOL In addition to taking the aforementioned capsule, we also like this in a "wellness tea" with Lemon Vitality and some honey. Feels great to our throats!
Peace & Calming - any time they give this one away for free it's a good day! Now that we're in the car a lot running back and forth between school, church, and taekwondo, I keep this with us to help keep the grumps away...especially on the days where everyone is overstimulated and overtired. A drop on our wrists or diffuser necklaces and on a cottonball/tissue/random piece of paper shoved into the A/C vent and we're good to go. LOL The less stressed we are, the better our immune systems function! #science
Inner Defense - This supplement is formulated to reinforce systemic defenses, create unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, and promote healthy respiratory function. It contains potent essential oils like oregano, thyme, and Thieves. MUST HAVE for Fall/Winter - it helps with all the things.
Cool Azul - Exercise is crucial to a healthy lifestyle, and to a high functioning immune system. Get moving!! And then grab this oil to rub on those muscles. Contains oils like wintergreen, dorado azul, and copaiba. Yes, please.
THIS IS $214 of FREE stuff when you spend $300. NO BRAINER!! Do it on Essential Rewards and you'll also earn at least $30 in points to spend on another order. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Recipe of the Month
Is it too early for pumpkins? Fall scents, Halloween decor and cozy sweaters? If embracing all of that on September 1st makes me wrong, then I don't want to be right.
It used to be that at the first hint of coolness in the air, I pulled ALLLLLL the Fall/Christmas scented candles out that I could find and burned them until January. I made my house smell like one giant Fall bomb had exploded. Gah, if only I would have known how terrible those synthetic fragrances were (I mean, let's be honest - a pumpkin really doesn't smell that good). Y'all, these “scents” that we love so much in our homes are doing damage to our health.
The National Academy of Sciences points out some vital facts about synthetic fragrances:
- About 95% of chemicals used in synthetic fragrances are derived from petroleum (crude oil).
- They include benzene derivatives (carcinogenic), aldehydes, toluene and many other known toxic chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects, central nervous system disorders and allergic reactions.
I love this article by Dr. Axe.
He states: “Avoiding the dangers of synthetic scents is crucial. When a company puts “fragrance” on the label, don’t be tricked. This is a catch-all term that actually can stand for thousands of different ingredients (literally, at least 3,000). And when you use a product containing “fragrance” or “parfum,” all of those mysterious ingredients are absorbed right into your bloodstream. These ingredients are predominantly made from chemicals and are just downright toxic for our health in so many ways.”
Wonder why companies would continue to use synthetic scents if they’re so bad for our health? The answer is straightforward - money. Synthetic scents can be an extremely cheap way to give everything from shampoo to lotion to candles a desirable scent. Unfortunately, just because you enjoy a scent, doesn’t mean it’s good for you.
There is a better way though!
Get your diffuser and essential oils out! When you diffuse Young Living oils, you are making your house smell yummy AND you aren’t harming your body with synthetic fragrances.
Here are a few of my favorite FALL scents to diffuse:
- 4 drops Thieves, 3 drops Nutmeg, 1 drop Cinnamon Bark, 1 drop Clove
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 5 drops Tangerine, 3 drops Nutmeg
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark, 3 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce, 3 drops Orange
- 5 drops Christmas Spirit, 3 drops Thieves
Make a point this season to ditch the candles, wax warmers, air fresheners, etc. and reach for your essential oils and diffuser instead!
In addition to getting lots of awesome freebies, you could win a box of 30 oils + a carrying case! This is only for The Oil Collective, so your chances are pretty high! You'll automatically be entered when you place a 300pv order (not valid for ER point redemption order).
Just a reminder of our resources available to you:
I'm also available to local friends to teach classes! If you have friends and family that want to learn & make something fun, why not get something together this Fall! As a bonus, you earn $50 for each of your friends you refer that purchases any Premium Starter Kit - woohoo! Let's get something on the calendar today!
My current Fall favorites!
- Smelly Faces - I really can't get enough of these cute little guys! Add your essential oil to the "brain" and let your kids snuggle the heck out of it.
- Live Well, Love Well, Lead Well - Our new business resource made by our team - for you!
- Unsplash.com - Website with beautiful FREE stock photos
- Wimsy & Wellness - etsy shop owned by an oily teammate full of labels and roller bottles. Super cute! This is where I get my Thieves Household Cleaner labels.
- Until My Voice Is Gone - not oils related, but this album by Travis Ryan is being played a lot in our house right now.
- Essential Rewards - Seriously, I've earned nearly 450 points (which equals $450 of free stuff) so far this year! All because we buy the things we need from Young Living. Win win!